Thursday, October 7, 2010

Charity Fund Kickoff

I had the unexpected privilege of being asked to join the Commerce Fund Drive Campaign Committee just this past week and I jumped on the opportunity to help with the kickoff. In my previous employment, I had participated in many community fund raising activities and am always eager to help when I can.

During the kickoff event, I was able to observe the interaction with our employees and the organizations that came with their displays and information about their charities. The best way for me to summarize what I saw is this:

There are many people (and animals) who are in need. Times are tough and money is tight right now, but this event made me realize how many organizations there are who rely solely on the kindness of others. I would encourage you all to make at least a small donation to at least one of the participants who came to the event, or another charity of your choice. Payroll deduction has always been my method of delivery and it has worked out well for me. Even if you donate a few dollars per check, it can really add up for those who need it most.

If there was an organization who came to our event that you would like more information on, they all have websites you can visit. I am encouraging all of you to visit them for more detailed information and contact information.

The charities that attended the kickoff were:

Adopt a Native Elder
Alzheimer's Association, Utah Chapter
And Justice for All
Art Access/VSA Utah
Best Buddies for Children with Mental Retardation
Breast Cancer Foundation
Community Health Charities
Crossroads Urban Center
Fourth Street Clinic
Intermountain Donor Services
Intermountain Therapy Animals
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Utah
Rescue Mission of Salt Lake
Rocky Mountain Rescue Dogs
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Salt Lake Valley Habitat for Humanity
The Happy Factory
The Road Home
Utah Faces
Utah Open Lands
Wasatch Community Gardens
Westridge Academy







Thank you to all of you who attended, we had a great turnout, and I was able to meet some really nice, new people who work right here in my building!

Again, please give what you can, and if you can't make a monetary donation, I would encourage you to donate some time to help out in our community.

Sincerely,
Allyson Robinson

If you haven’t got charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble. –Bob Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment