Saturday, October 30, 2010

Top 10 Reasons NOT To Give. . .

Top 10 Reasons TO Give



10
"My budget is tight and the economy is uncertain."
Through payroll deduction, I can choose to give small, painless amounts every payday. Or, it is easy to give a one-time donation to the charity of my choice.
9
"I don't know what my money is being used for."
100% of the money I donate goes directly to the charity I designate. There are over 500 approved charities, and most of them have web sites with mission statements and contact information so I can get the details on what my donation will be used for.

8
"One small gift won't make a difference."
Can you imagine the cumulative impact on Utah if every state employee donated just $1.00 a payday? Over $619,000 would be raised. If every state employee gave $5.00 a payday, over $3,098,000 would be raised.


7
" I need charity for myself."
Learning more about the charities makes me realize that there are many others who are worse off than me. If I contribute now, the organizations will still be there for me in the future if I or my loved ones should have to use its services.
6
"I've had a problem donating in the past."
One of the advantages of donating through the Charitable Contribution Campaign is the charities have already been approved. To qualify for my support, charities must be in compliance with Consumer Protection, have current IRS non-profit, tax exempt status and be approved by the Charitable Fund Board. The pledges are processed with accuracy and accountability.
5
"I already give to my favorite charity on my own."
I can expand my gift to my favorite charity. Through payroll deduction, I can give more than through a one-time donation. Charities can better plan for their needs knowing at the end of the campaign what to expect the following year. Administrative costs are lower for the charity with one large distribution to process rather than sporadic multiple individual donations.

4
"I'm mad at my boss."
This campaign is designed for state employees to come together, make a difference and show others that the public sector cares about the community. Working together with my co-workers can create a sense of teamwork and camaraderie. This year, I'm going to ask my boss to give!

3
"What's in it for me?"
Giving can be an inspiring and self-satisfying act. It gets my mind off my own troubles for a while. Someday I will look back with pride on my participation in the Charitable Contribution Campaign.
2
"Why should I donate my hard earned money?"
If I can part with my money, I know that money isn't the most important thing in my life. Taking a look at all I have gives me more of a perspective of how fortunate I really am.

1
"I gave at the office."
Oh wait, this IS the office.

Wherever a man turns he can find someone who needs him.

~Albert Schweitzer



No comments:

Post a Comment